Tuesday, November 13, 2007

coming out of the closet



Yes i have been MIA. Yes I have been hiding. Yes I have been avoiding this.
Partly because its been over a week and a half since I had a meal plan, partly because we havent grocery shopped since then either, partly because we have been eating on the go and at restaurants etc etc. But here I am...coming out of the closet.

This is so difficult for me...to change my ways. Old habits die hard. Especially now that I have a 16 month old, work full time outside the home & now we are preparing the house for market...my time is short. Yet especially because of those exact reasons...I need to change! I need to plan ahead and make the time....prioritize the very necessary action of ingesting quality food. GRRRRR.

My homework right now it to put together another meal plan. Those things are my road map and I do very well when one is in place. Eventually I will have a collection of good eats so I can easily just pick a plan that has worked for us in the past...quick...easy..healthy...delicious...ta da. But for now I am still in the grunt work phase...and honestly...just putting it together seems overwhelming! I am going to call my mom and use some of her home cooking recipes. That will be a quick start..and now with the temperatures diving...comfort food takes on a whole new meaning.

I will mention that I have been cooking. We had broccoli and angel hair (my moms recipe...very simple and amazingly good. Fried green tomatos rounded out this end of summer delight. Oh ya and I made a pumkin pie. Dave made ham and bean soup which we ate for a freakin week (i also made jalapeno corn bread to go with it...and thats a fabulous combo by the way...just keep the jalapeno LIGHT else you burn). I threw together a shrimp/scampi/asian sauce with rice and a salad last night. Scampi..yes very buttery...but it was heavy on fresh garlic..so see :). Theres the balance.

Anyhoo...I was tempted to say good bye and bury this blog. But I am going to move forward, carry the torch, and buckle down. I cant give up this soon! I really want it. So meal plan here i come.

No comments: