Friday, October 19, 2007

Meal Planning 101

Im tense...tonight is the big grocery shopping trip. Its a family affair...my DH, DS and your truly. This isnt an adventure I am generally invited on...or really want to go on. DS Grant usually is QUITE a GIGANTIC ENORMOUS challenge in the store...his patience wears thin before we get out of the fresh food perimeter. But tonight we plan to dine at our favorite sushi place..and to make the trip count...are sticking in some duty. So grocer here we come...but this time...I am armed with a MEAL PLAN.

I knew it would come to this...even though I am a free spirit and enjoy whimsy and creativity...when it comes down to it....IM NOT those things....at least when it comes to food. I feel like I am 8 years old and have NO knowledge of how to feed myself. How did it come to this? Why do I know algebra but not home economics? This is my fault for not truly trying before now...and not paying attention to my mom when she was telling me stuff...but also the education system. There should be lots of time spent on learning how to thrive. I guess its more important that I memorized a jillion bible versus that are long since forgotten. Enough bitching.

My meal plan includes: healthy breakfast frittata (with kale!), pumpkin maple swirl muffins, stir fried chicken with broccoli, tropical energy smoothie, italian chuck roast (my grandmas recipe!) orange & rosemary chicken, pizza, butternut squash soup & grilled pork chops. How come when I list out my meal plans it sounds like a bizarre mix...guess bc im not pairing them with their proper side dishes etc. OH well...im excited.

So wish me well at the grocery store tonight. I will try and control my impulsive Doritos nature and hold back with the donuts. Im also going to focus on fresh finger foods that my 15 month old son can graze on (since he is boycotting meals at this moment).

Goals for the near future...more crock pot meals, feeding the freezer and 2 week meal plans!

No comments: