Friday, October 5, 2007

Purpose - Goals - Objectives


I recently passed a professional certification exam...and you know...even though at first I didnt think I really learned that much...now I think I actually did. Its interesting how the exam content is seeping into my everyday life and Im looking at things...at work and at home...a tad differently. COOL!

So I decided to use the purpose, goals & objectives organizational method to help give this blog and more essentially, my hopes of changing the way I eat, form and directions. And away we go:

Purpose of "Changing My Ways"
To be a role model for my son while providing the entire family meals & snacks that not only taste good but that are nutritionally superior through a combination of research, effective time management (planning and preparing) & implementation.

Goals of "Changing My Ways"
To improve my knowledge of healthy food.
To improve my willingness and ability to prepare healthy food.
To increase the amount of home made meals my family eats.

Objectives of "Changing My Ways"
To read about nutrition and food a minimum of 10 minutes a day
To eat a fresh home cooked dinner a minimum of 3 nights a week
To meet and network with other folks interested in healthy eating through this blog, other online sources and in the community (like people in the flesh...crazy huh!)
To organize a schedule of shared cooking duties with my husband
To prepare grocery lists based on recipes
To sneak vegetables into sauces & breads etc. (So my son Grant will eat them
To buy organic when it really counts (milk) and when otherwise feasible & sometimes when not :)
To moderate obvious unhealthy consumption to a maximum of 25% of our overall intake

Wow ...I really feel organized now. Oh and by the way...my DH went grocery shopping last night with my new improved shopping list. We have protein bars, asian cole slaw & chili on the menu (sounds gross when listed together). And the biggest change was he didnt come home with 10 different snacks! It was the first time ever! I must admit I was kinda lost without my lard powdered donuts (which i usually scarf down as soon as the groceries are put up). This is getting real now :)

No comments: